BizFed Central Valley, a new alliance of 50 diverse business groups from Madera County to Kern County, is looking for a team member to help local businesses advocate for a stronger regional economy.
This is a full time contracted position to be based in the Fresno area and will report directly to the Advocacy Director who is based in Bakersfield.
This person will be responsible for organizing meetings and special events throughout the Central Valley, communicating with members, maintaining membership records, using social media to promote BizFed’s policy actions and assisting the Advocacy Director with policy issue research.
There are many moving parts to juggle, and this person will be communicating with high-profile, Central Valley civic and business leaders, as well as elected officials. Having an interest in, and experience with, political and current events is a must.
We are looking for an energetic, tech-savvy person who is proficient at Adobe Pro, Power Point, Excel and various email and meeting software programs.
This is a position with great professional, civic, and income growth potential! We’re looking for a talented person who wants to be a part of growing our voice, size and impact for years to come. The qualified person will be given increased responsibilities involving policy research and analysis as appropriate with a commensurate increase in contract retainer amount.
· Bachelor’s degree required; ideally in Journalism, Communications, or political science
· 1-3 years experience in the political and/or communications field, ideally in the Central Valley
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent grammar and ability to edit
· Positive attitude, good sense of humor, and ability to be a team player
· Self starter with the ability to work independently as part of a small, hard-charging team
· Comfort with rapidly changing priorities and nuanced communications
· Multiple language capabilities and knowledge of ethnic media a plus
Retainer for this position will be disclosed after receipt of qualified resume.
BizFed Central Valley is the first franchise operation of BizFed Los Angeles, which was founded in 2008 to help businesses advocate for a stronger economy in Los Angeles county.
We help individual businesses and business associations join together, share intel and work with policy makers and regulators to have a thriving economy. Check us out at bizfed.org
Interested candidates, please email an introduction and resume to email@example.com by April 30, 2018