BizFed is looking for a new Advocacy Director to lead our massive grassroots alliance's policy work.
- The ideal leader will have passion for civic engagement, be college educated, and have direct experience advocating for policies with office holders and appointed regulatory Boards.
- This person will have had successful experience managing/leading policy, campaign, or communications professionals.
- We need someone who is highly organized and able to juggle a variety of deadlines and issue topics.
- She or he will have high integrity and a stellar public reputation along with current positive relationships with policy makers.
- The best person for this high impact leadership role will be well rounded, excels in a smaller team environment, is skillfully competitive and a bit fearless, is a masterful oral and written communicator, and who appreciates autonomy and flexibility.
Our BizFed Advocacy Director will:
- Set and execute advocacy strategy in conjunction with CEO at the direction of the BizFed Board
- Take point on the monthly Advocacy Committee and directly support it's co-chairs
- Lead and develop the Policy Managers in service to all BizFed members
- Oversee and elevate effectiveness of our Committees which includes hands-on leadership of key issues
- Guide effective issues tracking and scorecards for accountability
- Shape useful external messaging in conjunction with Communications Manager
- Collaborate with our Government Relations Director in engaging directly with elected officials, agency heads, agency board members and board deputies
- Fulfill strategic advocacy plans for Gold Level Members+
- Liaise with BizFed PAC and endorsed electeds
Interested parties should contact Liz Shapiro firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be accepting resumes through mid July.